A water heater that is gurgling could alarm anyone. Especially if you do not understand the cause of this. Therefore, knowing how to fix a water heater that gurgles will be a must-have skill for you.
You do not need to panic if the noise does not disappear immediately, you do not need to panic. The sounds might be some effects of broken parts or other troubles. To be sure, there is always a way to solve the noise on your water heater. Just keep calm and read these articles for better information on the matter.
Hot Water Heater Making Gurgling Noise
Water heater noises could be the product of issues on your water heater unit. Some causes create the noises from coming on your water heater. Here are the most usual reasons that make your heater goes gurgling:
- The first reason is the sediment build-up in the tank. This boiling water trapped in the build-up will cause rumbling noises. The build-up commonly happens because of the collected minerals for years. To fix these sediments to appear, you can try to flush the tank regularly. Flushing the tank could help the unit to be correctly maintained.
- The other reason is that too much cold water is entering the tank all at once. The gurgling sound is the result of it. It may not be a severe problem, but still quite uncomfortable to hear.
How to Fix a Water Heater that Gurgles
There are some first actions you could do to fix the gurgling noise on your water heater. Moreover, consider that professionals can only handle some severe problems.
These steps are to help prevent the noise from coming by rinsing the tank. Take a glance at this step to help the noises from your unit.
- The first is to turn the water heater off, which is done to prevent any damage to yourself while repairing the water heater.
- After that, you could turn the cold water off.
- The next step is to drain the water heater inside the tank to the floor drain.
- If you see dirty water flowing in the drain, open the cold water supply for some time to rinse the water heater tank.
- Then keep the unit off for ten minutes.
- After that, you could try to turn on the water heater. Check if there are still some noises.
- If there are still some noises coming from it, call for professional help as soon as possible.
Is a Gurgling Water Heater Dangerous?
The noises that resemble rumbling or gurgling could only appear if there is some sediment build-up in the water heater unit. The sediment is usually built from the minerals in the tank.
If this sediment occurs, the tank will not work correctly. Not only damage the unit, but this problem could also raise your electricity bill.
Not only that, but you could also experience some uncomfortable things, such as getting less hot water. The water is not heated correctly and many more.
The most concerning thing is that the water heater can also be damaged by it if the problem is not corrected properly. Therefore, you need to change the heater to a new one which could be unpleasant. Nevertheless, it is not always a good sign to hear strange noises from machines or appliances.
Suppose you try to understand fix a water heater that gurgles will be a lifesaver. Especially if you want to save the repair cost, be mindful that not every problem should be fixed by yourself. Take advice from a professional for better results.